This is tetrabot, a marginally more flexible model of borkbot by hobbs.
- The old and unmaintained Net::IRC is replaced by Mojo::IRC.
- Fully async bot operation using Mojo::IOLoop, Mojo::UserAgent, and Mojo::Pg.
- YAML configuration.
- Easier plugin authoring, with more descriptive IRC events and a simpler means
of handling them.
- Generally tidier code.
Instructions for running the bot:
- Install PostgreSQL server, if you haven’t
already, and create a user and database for borkbot.
- Load the schema contained in borkbot.sql.
- On your IRC network of choice, create a “control channel” whose members will
have privileged access to the bot, and password-protect it.
- Copy borkbot.yaml.example to borkbot.yaml and edit it, setting the IRC
server, bot nickname, and passwords appropriately. Add any additional modules
you want loaded to the “modules” section.